Two-component, waterborne, polyurethane finish, for wood or cork floors and other surfaces exposed to strong wearing.
META provides excellent resistance against abrasion, shocks, strips, and against chemicals for domestic use.
Wood floors treated with META/S are antiskid in accordance with the Italian ministerial decree 14/06/1989 nr. 236 paragraph 8.2.2. Easy to apply, META can be applied by roller, brush or spraying.
Satin sheen (about 40 gloss)
Mat sheen (about 10 gloss)
Supermat sheen (about 5 gloss
- Recommended for areas which get a lot of use
- Incredibly strong
PACK Water-based two-component finish META
|Availability||Reserved for professionals|
Sand the floor, removing all wax, oil or existing finish. Fill if necessary. After final sanding or screening, vacuum and tack thoroughly.
Agitate META finish (component 1) to dissolve any solids which may have settled to the bottom of the container. Add META hardener (component 2) to component 1 as directed and mix well. Wait 15 minutes before application.
- To preserve the natural color of the wood: apply META with our FONDO 300 waterborne sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product).
- To get a wood toning similar to a solvent-based finish cycle : apply META with one of our waterborne sealers GIOTTO or RAFFAELLO (see the technical data sheets of these products).
- To obtain a wood toning typical for a solvent-based finish cycle: apply 1 coat of our FONDO
K2 two-component, solvent-based, polyurethane sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product). After 3 and before 24 hours abrade with #150÷180-grit abrasive, taking care not to
“break through”, then apply 1 coat of META.
- To achieve a high-performance water-based cycle: Apply 2 - 3 coats of META, abrading between coats and adhering to the prescribed schedule.
- To achieve a rapid water-based cycle : apply META with our FAST 2004 waterborne sealer (see the technical data sheet of this product).
- In case of exotic or little absorbing woods, such as wengé, ipé lapacho, olive etc., we recommend to give a priming coat with our FONDO 300 sealer to improve adhesion and to avoid any unwanted wood color change.
Any different cycle or applying method should be previously verified.
#150÷180-grit abrasives are recommended for a single-plate machine (buffer); when employing a Trio sander, use #80÷100-grit abrasives.
- Apply at a room temperature between +59° and 95°F with a relative humidity rate between 35% and
80%. Allow finish to reach room temperature before application.
- Before application make sure the hardener is completely dissolved in the finish (there is always a little increase of the mixture viscosity).
- Adhere to the recommended coverage rates.
- Always adhere to the prescribed recoating and abrading schedule. When recoating without abrading do not exceed 7 hours interval from the previous coat. When abrading and recoating do not exceed 48 hours interval. After abrading, always vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- To improve spreading power and to extend open time, particularly during warmer weather, add to the catalyzed finish 2% of Carver DILUENTE A60 additive or (max.) 5% of Carver ACQUA BLU thinner.
- Clean tools with Carver IDROCLEANER or, for want of this, with water, better if lukewarm.
- The finished surface can be cautiously walked on after 24 hours. It achieves the optimal physical resistance after 8 - 10 days.
Protect from freezing!
Dispose of excess product and empty containers properly.
If the original unopened containers are stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for 8 months.